Pages

Wednesday 23 September 2009

Black & White Skulls Skirt

Here’s my latest black and white skulls skirt. The fabric appealed to me because the skulls are a kind of faded/washed look skulls which is a lot nicer than some of the tacky skulls print fabrics out there. The skulls have tiny red eyes which (you probably can’t tell from the image) are actually a glittery red. But as they are so small, it looks more pretty rather than over the top.

The waistband is made from stretchy black cotton so will fit easily and comfortably and there is a corset style lace up decorative bit on the front, which is actually adjustable so also helps to ensure that the skirt will fit well. I used silver eyelets with this pretty white organdie ribbon because I thought it went well with the fadedness of the skulls fabric.

And the lower half is the skulls fabric with a layer of black cotton underneath. The length is approximately 15" and this skirt is available in sizes 6-28 from my new My Little Halo Alternative Clothing Online Store.


black and white faded skulls lace up corset skirt

No comments: