Pages

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Zebra Print Shorts/Hotpants

Here is the first pair of shorts that I’ve been working on. They are sooo soft and sooo comfy! Whenever I “go out,” (where I come from, this in other words means “go to various pubs and clubs and get drunk” and something I avoid as much as possible until my housemates guilt trip me into joining them) I often see these girls wearing trendy plain black shorts over tights and I think they look pretty smart and I think they make legs look pretty nice. What I haven’t seen is anything much like this in the alternative/emo style, so I thought I’d give it a go.


They’re made from soft stretchy zebra print cotton lined with black cotton with turn-up bottoms on the legs. There are two black pockets at the back and a button and zipper fastening at the front. This is the very first pair of shorts I’ve ever made and am quite pleased with how well they have come out, the only problem is how long they took me to make. Considering everything is about time and money, I would have to charge quite a lot for my time. But most people would turn their nose and say I charge way too much for a simple pair of shorts. So although it was good experience I’m unsure as to whether I should actually sell them.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

The Apprentice said...

"most people would turn their nose and say I charge way too much for a simple pair of shorts"
Ignore them girl. Your stuff is fun and people will buy it. (I was going to tell you you should put your prices UP!)