Pages

Sunday 19 August 2012

Black Velvet Lace Up Pencil Skirt

Black Velvet Lace Up Pencil Skirt

In keeping with my recent theme of pencil skirts I made another new one this morning, well two in fact, because I made it in a small and a larger size! I had a rare spark of motivation last night but was too tired to start sewing late at night, so instead was up bright and early at 6am to start sewing today...on a Sunday. Yeah I love my job that much.

Okay so anyway I made a gothic pencil skirt, which I want to say is high waisted but I guess depending on the size of your lower waist, could be warn either way! It's made from black super soft and weighty high quality velvety velour, (which is super comfy and stretchy), with black floral lace panels down each side, which are finished with (yes you guessed it) a lace up panel using silver eyelets and ribbon which tie into bows at the knee. The lace panels are see through enough to add some daring sex appeal but still give the comfort of being fairly covered up! The elasticated waistband and bottom hem are both made from the same velvet velour stuff and the lace up panels have some strips of black wet look thrown in to add a bit of excitement.

As the fabric is really stretchy, the skirts can be warn by a wide size range. I've made a smaller skirt which will fit around a UK 8/10 and also a smaller size 12. And the larger skirt will fit sizes 14/16 and a smaller 18. Measurements are as below...

SIZE SMALL(8/10/12) *WAISTBAND: 27"-32", *HIPS: 33"-38"

SIZE LARGE(14/16/18) *WAISTBAND: 33"-38", *HIPS: 39"-43"

gothic velvet lace up black pencil skirt

No comments: